reset password
VOvasapyan
Posted 13:27 Oct 02, 2017 |

Hello Cal State LA Computer Science Dept,

I’m a Senior Software Engineer currently working at Tesla and I am looking for interns for the Spring/Summer sessions.  I’ve attached a description of the role and qualifications.  If you could please share this with your students and have any interested candidates email me, I would appreciate it.

I’m also looking to hire software engineers for a full-time position, job posting is here: 
https://www.tesla.com/careers/job/software-engineer-energyfleetanalytics-55948

The Role

Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy through increasingly affordable electric vehicles in addition to renewable energy generation and storage.  The Energy Tools team's contribution is to construct full-stack software that enables data analysts, service engineers, and other software teams to dive with greater efficiency into our big data sources and solve critical safety and performance problems.  We deliver software controls that are used to restore a fleet of over 300,000 energy systems to homeostasis.  We provide the tools to keep the Energy fleet running so that Tesla can provide groundbreaking services such as aggregation and control, optimized dispatch, and wholesale market participation.

To accomplish this work, we embrace change, encourage continuous learning and foster psychological safety.  As a member of the Energy Tools team, you will develop new features with automated tests while adapting to rapid feedback from stakeholders and addressing any urgent issues that manifest.  We follow agile practices, leading you to work full-stack to ensure familiarity with all products, empowering you to help us complete all our commitments, and encouraging you to speak up about behavior that is slowing us down.   You'll often go directly to domain experts within Tesla to better understand problems related to our solar, storage and software systems.

Responsibilities

• Implement features collaboratively by making frequent commits to repos, reviewing pull requests promptly and delegating work when necessary
  • Write code at all levels of the stack and across multiple languages that is efficient, tested and well documented
  • Build out and maintain software and software configurations to support continuous integration, deployment, monitoring and automation of common tasks that are part of the software development pipeline
  • Recognize and propose solutions for scaling weaknesses, performance bottlenecks and security risks
  • Take ownership of a larger-scope project and present the results of project completion

Qualifications

• Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in Computer Science or a relevant engineering program.
  • Proficient in at least one programming/scripting language (we use Python, JavaScript & Golang)
  • Familiarity with a front-end application framework (we use React & Redux)
  • Comfortable working with databases, writing queries, and designing schemas (we work with SQL Server, MySQL and Postgres)
  • Understanding of automated testing, deployment process and tools (we use Docker, Jenkins, Ansible & more)
  • Ability to learn new software tools quickly, implement features independently, and communicate unforeseen challenges to team when necessary
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
  • Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Victor RománSr. Software Engineer, Energy Tools Team Lead | Tesla Energy Fleet Analytics
3500 Deer Creek Road | Palo Alto, CA 94304
c 619.663.8527 | e viroman@tesla.com

id:image001.gif@01D333AC.F57C9390

The content of this message is the proprietary and confidential property of Tesla Motors, and should be treated as such. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please delete this message from your computer system and notify me immediately by reply e-mail. Any unauthorized use or distribution of the content of this message is prohibited. Thank you.

id:image002.png@01D333AC.F57C9390 id:image003.png@01D333AC.F57C9390 id:image004.png@01D333AC.F57C9390

Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Last edited by VOvasapyan at 15:47 Oct 05, 2017.
aminass2
Posted 19:56 Oct 02, 2017 |

Where do you apply?

Eduardo Gutierrez
Posted 17:10 Oct 04, 2017 |

were do you apply and will this be in los angeles?