reset password
VOvasapyan
Posted 11:19 Jul 21, 2021 |

Building a Purr-fect API

Building a Purr-fect API using AWS Lambda and APIs is a 1.5 hour coding workshop that is part of the ServerlessDays: Student Edition tech conference. This FREE, virtual workshop will take place on August 15th at 1:05 pm PST.

Register Now >

Develop New Tech Skills

You will create Catti, a website that gives personalized images of cats to users. Together, we will learn how to develop this application using the following technologies:

• AWS Lambda
  • AWS Cloud9 IDE
  • API Gateways
  •  
  • npm packages

Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the largest public cloud computing infrastructure in the world, providing companies with compute power, data storage, data analysis, means to host applications, and so much more.

What experience do I need?

A beginner level of coding (any language) is recommended, but not required. A willingness to learn will be the most important criteria to succeed in this workshop!

Register Now >

Why serverless?

Serverless is the future! It is used by software developers at companies around the world and is only getting more popular. This is a valuable skill used directly in industry.

This project serves as a great starting point. Once you have the basics down, you can go on to build bigger, more complicated applications. Plus, side projects are a great way to build your resume!

If that isn’t enough reason, you’ll also have a chance to demo your own project and win cool prizes including a Nintendo Switch Lite, Amazon Echo, Headphones, and more!

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 3:21 AM Shreya Gupta <shrgupta@ucdavis.edu> wrote:

Hi there,

My name is Shreya Gupta, and I'm the Co-Founder of Bit Project (bitproject.org), a global non-profit organization that is dedicated to developing innovative technical education and making it accessible to all. We've previously reached out to and shared some of our intro to coding workshops and conferences, and we're really grateful for your continued support for our students' work and help in sharing our resources with your student community.

We would like to invite your students to our upcoming Tech Conference created for students specifically - Serverless Days: Student Edition. I have included more information regarding this Conference and how students can get involved below this email. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,

Shreya Gupta

Serverless Days: Student Edition

We’re excited to announce the first ever ServerlessDays: Student Edition, hosted by Bit Project! Come join us on August 15th, 2021 from 10am - 4pm PST (1pm - 7pm EST) to start your journey with serverless technology. This FREE, virtual conference will include:

• Coding Workshop - Build a Purrfect Cat API using AWS Lambda and APIs
  • Tech Talks by serverless experts in the industry as well as students
  • Opportunities to code and compete for prizes

Never heard of serverless?
This ServerlessDays Conference is catered towards beginners to serverless, whether you just started coding or you're an experienced programmer. As long as you're eager to learn something new, you're welcome to join!

So, what is serverless?
Serverless technology lets you build your own app or project without worrying about the platform and infrastructure behind the scenes. Top companies like AWS and Microsoft have their own serverless platforms that make life easier for developers like you!

Okay...why should I care?
Serverless is the future! It is used by software developers at companies around the world and is only getting more popular. Come learn a valuable skill that is directly used in industry!

Have questions? Contact us at info@bitproject.org!