reset password
VOvasapyan
Posted 15:46 Mar 16, 2021 |

Dear Colleagues – 

I write to you in my new role as Vice Provost for Academic Programs and Dean of the Graduate School at the University of Southern California. I am pleased to share the USC JumpStart undergraduate research opportunities for Summer 2021.  

The JumpStart program serves as a pathway to the PhD by providing academic and financial support and professional development opportunities for students interested in PhD studies. You may notice we have expanded the number and breadth of research experiences and hope there is an opportunity for your rising juniors and seniors.  Labs and research groups are interested in students who are STEM, social science and humanities majors.  In fact, there is one opportunity open to students from all majors who have “just lots of curiosity and common sense”. The application form can be found at 

https://provost.sma.usc.edu/prog/DIAJumpStart/ 

Important Dates: 

Program dates:               June 1 to August 10, 2021 

Application deadline:     Friday, April 2, 2021 

If COVID-19 precautions remain in place through late spring, students should be prepared for a hybrid program that begins online and transitions to campus as conditions permit. Should a return to campus not be possible, the program would be fully virtual as it was in Summer 2020. 

Please reach out to Laura Yoneda (lyoneda@usc.edu), Associate Dean, in my office with any questions. 

I look forward to welcoming our JumpStart 2021 cohort. 

All best, 

Andrew McConnell Stott 

Vice Provost for Academic Programs  

Dean of the Graduate School 

Professor of English