reset password
VOvasapyan
Posted 13:37 Mar 03, 2021 |

My name is Monique Rosales, the University Partnerships & Outreach Manager, I am reaching out because I wanted to let you know about a free course we’re offering this summer: Technical Interview Prep. I would greatly appreciate it if you could pass along this information to your students. If you have any questions or suggestions I would be happy to discuss them further.

For more context, CodePath is leading the movement to increase diversity in technical careers by providing free supplementary CS courses, mentorship, and career support to over 7,000 underserved students at over 60 universities across the United States.

Technical Interview Prep. is our most popular course and is designed to help students prepare for meaningful careers in software engineering.

Here are some course highlights I want to share with you:

·        Students receive technical interview practice at every session

·        Students will be given resume feedback and interview/job search strategy training 

·        The course will also include lectures and labs to refresh knowledge on algorithms and other software engineering fundamentals

·        Students will receive mentorship from professional engineers based in Silicon Valley 

The course is separated into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels so all students can engage meaningfully with the material. At the end of the course, students are given the chance to apply and participate in CodePath’s exclusive Virtual Career Fair. Last year, CodePath connected our students with 40 major tech employers (incl. Amazon, Bloomberg, Microsoft) for a total of 3,200 first-round interviews. Over 67% of our students received internship offers. 

If you could forward information about this free offering to your students, I would greatly appreciate it. I have also included a tool kit with shareable information and assets here.

Thanks for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Best Regards, 

Monique Rosales

University & Partnerships Outreach Manager

CodePath.Org

CodePath.org is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit that partners with colleges and major tech companies to prepare CS students, especially underrepresented minorities, for careers in tech. CodePath.org runs courses at over 50 universities including Mississippi State, Howard, and Virginia Tech and has taught 4,500+ students in the past four years.