reset password
VOvasapyan
Posted 17:26 Sep 28, 2020 |

Hi,

My name is Shreya Gupta and I’m part of a global student-run non-profit called Bit Project (bitproject.org) that develops programs to make technical education accessible to all through open source projects. I wanted to firstly thank you for sharing our previous announcements with your students - the support from your university to share our opportunities with students has helped us grow the impact that our education programs have on students around the world.

With Hacktoberfest coming up soon, our goal is to help educate more students on the power and value of the open-source.

Make Your First Open Source Contribution
Open source projects are a great way for students to level up their programming skills while contributing to the developer community. This live event will provide students with the tools to make successful pull requests and make contributions to impactful projects. We are bringing seasoned engineers from companies including Google, Amazon, and others in the open source community to discuss what open source is and provide their advice on making your first contributions.

What you will learn
- What open source is and why you should contribute
- The basics of Git
- How to make your first contributions to open source software

The event is free and the link to register is: tinyurl.com/bitcontribute

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you!

Best,
Shreya Gupta

shrgupta@ucdavis.edu