reset password
FuneralDepression
Posted 17:50 Mar 11, 2020 |

Since face to face instructions are shut down starting next week, will our midterm still be tomorrow and if so how do we go about having online instruction the following weeks? 

fengus97
Posted 18:24 Mar 11, 2020 |

Pasadena just confirmed its case of COVID-19. With the campus being so close to Pasadena, I am very concerned with having to come to campus. @professor please consider an online option, thank you.

https://www.cityofpasadena.net/city-manager/news-releases/pasadena-identifies-first-confirmed-case-of-novel-coronavirus-covid-19/

SimpSam
Posted 20:00 Mar 11, 2020 |

I agree with @fengus97, as I take public transportation to campus and am feeling nervous with that for the time being.

ccorra15
Posted 20:25 Mar 11, 2020 |

All of my professors have canceled class

LuisG72
Posted 20:33 Mar 11, 2020 |

Same all my professor canceled class

alalas
Posted 20:51 Mar 11, 2020 |

I'm concerned with the cases of COVID-19 appearing and do not feel safe with coming to campus. As @fengus97 mentioned, there is already a case close to our area and that news makes me very nervous of the fact. Our school among others among the state have and/or are beginning to close and transition online to reduce face-to-face, and with that I would hope you would consider an online option as stated by my colleague. I appreciate your understanding and consideration, and hope for the best for all of us.

yzhao52
Posted 21:06 Mar 11, 2020 |

After considering the recent rapid developing situation, the midterm of CS 4551 will be changed to online exam, from 12:15 pm to 1:45 pm. One Word document file will be posted on CSNS before the exam starts. You may choose one of the following approaches to work on and submit your exam paper:

• Directly type your answers in Word document file, then save it and submit on CSNS.
  • Print the exam on paper and write your answers as usual written exam, then either scan into PDF files or take pictures of all pages, and submit on CSNS.

Make sure that you submit the solution files on CSNS before the ending time.

fengus97
Posted 21:08 Mar 11, 2020 |
yzhao52 wrote:

After considering the recent rapid developing situation, the midterm of CS 4551 will be changed to online exam, from 12:15 pm to 1:45 pm. One Word document file will be posted on CSNS before the exam starts. You may choose one of the following approaches to work on and submit your exam paper:

• Directly type your answers in Word document file, then save it and submit on CSNS.
  • Print the exam on paper and write your answers as usual written exam, then either scan into PDF files or take pictures of all pages, and submit on CSNS.

Make sure that you submit the solution files on CSNS before the ending time.

Thank you, professor.