reset password
VOvasapyan
Posted 10:28 Mar 10, 2020 |

Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth (CTY) is Hiring Computer Science Instructors and Teaching Assistants!

Dear Colleague,

I would like to re-share some exciting opportunities to teach computer science this summer or online at Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth (CTY). In my previous email, I shared that we are hiring instructors and teaching assistants for our Foundations of Programming and Fundamentals of Computer Science courses. I'm proud to announce that we've just added a Data Structure and Algorithms course!

As a reminder, CTY is a gifted education program for school-age children founded in 1979 by psychologist Julian Stanley at Johns Hopkins University. Our Summer Programs serve close to 10,000 students finishing 2nd – 12th grade and employs 1700 academic, residential and administrative staff members at 25 day and residential locations located in California, Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia and Washington State.

Our classes are pretty small; no larger than 18 students. Classes are led by an instructor, who, at a minimum, possesses their bachelor's and at least two years of teaching experience (in this academic area) outside of their undergraduate or graduate studies. Instructors and students are also supported by a Teaching Assistant (TA). The TA role is most ideal for a computer science graduate or undergraduate student at California State University - Los Angeles, who possesses some or no teaching experience.

Room and board are provided in addition to salary at our residential sites. You have the option to work either three or six weeks.

I am seeking someone with your background in joining our teaching staff. To learn more about our summer and online computer science teaching opportunities, please click "I'm interested in learning more" at the bottom of this page. If this summer is not the right time for you to come on board with us onsite or online, we ask that you please share with others at California State University - Los Angeles as we have multiple openings. You can easily share by providing this link: http://bit.ly/38BSAdE.

I am excited about the prospect of working with you and those who you may refer to!

Sincerely,

Emily Tien

Assistant Program Manager, Summer Academic Programs
Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth
Email: etien2@jhu.edu | Web: www.cty.jhu.edu/jobs

I'm interested in learning more