reset password
mansi
Posted 18:45 Feb 25, 2020 |

Does anyone have any idea how to install xgboost on MacOS? unfortunately the command provided by prof is not working for me. Thanks.

Deanrona
Posted 18:52 Feb 25, 2020 |

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39315156/how-to-install-xgboost-in-python-on-macos

check Ebé Isaac’s answer.

Andy Echeverria
Posted 19:23 Feb 25, 2020 |

I had some issues as well. When you open your terminal, it should say 'base' followed by your username. If you don't see that switch your shell to bash. You might be using zsh instead of bash. Once you switch to bash, you should be able to see 'base' next to your username. Then you can run the pip command since you will be on the default environment. I hope that helps.

Also, the command provided didn't work for me either. I used this instead:

conda install -c anaconda py-xgboost

mansi
Posted 19:43 Feb 25, 2020 |
Andy Echeverria wrote:

I had some issues as well. When you open your terminal, it should say 'base' followed by your username. If you don't see that switch your shell to bash. You might be using zsh instead of bash. Once you switch to bash, you should be able to see 'base' next to your username. Then you can run the pip command since you will be on the default environment. I hope that helps.

Also, the command provided didn't work for me either. I used this instead:

conda install -c anaconda py-xgboost

I did this but when I import xgboost on jupyter notebook it throws ModuleNotFoundError.

Andy Echeverria
Posted 19:56 Feb 25, 2020 |

Run this command in the terminal:

pip list

xgboost should be on the list if it was successfully installed. If it is installed, import it and use "Run All" in jupyter notebook. 

htmnnew
Posted 20:42 Feb 25, 2020 |

what fixed for me was first install homebrew and use it to install gcc. after that I used this command and it worked 

"pip install xgboost==0.7.post4"