reset password
VOvasapyan
Posted 14:51 Jan 03, 2020 |

Good morning, 

My name is Nicolas Arevalo and I am the Associate Director of Programs for Urban TXT: Teens Exploring Technology (TXT). TXT is a nationally recognized not-for profit organization focused on inspiring young men of color to become confident leaders by developing leadership, entrepreneurship, design, and coding skills among our teens from South Central. At the end of the day, our main focus is to develop young men of color into innovative, futuristic, unbound thinkers who will change the world with their passions.

We are currently recruiting fellows/coaches for our 2020 Summer Coding Leadership Academy (SCLA) held at USC. Our Summer Program runs from June 13th to August 8th, with the addition of 3 Saturday workshops on May 23rdMay 30th, and June 6th. The priority deadline to apply to become a fellow is February 14th, 2020.

The fellows will assist in teaching teens how to code, enhance their design thinking skills, and the Lean Start-up methodology. They will have the opportunity to manage a teen tech start-up group, comprised of 4 high school students, and help them pitch their project to top investors, including A16Z partners. All fellows have the opportunity to learn from top entrepreneurs, investors, and tech mentors that partner with us during the summer. These partners range from Google, Facebook, Snapchat, Bird, Slack,  and various others.

Therefore, I am asking if you could pass this information along to your students that may be interested. Any interested students can apply here. Furthermore, if you know of any male high school students who would be interested in applying for our summer program,please spread the word as well. I have attached flyers for both programs.

Although we are a tech program, we also tackle the business and design aspect of creating an app/website, so our students have the option of either continuing to go into technology or exploring other fields of interest. Therefore, college students of any background can apply to become a fellow. This is a perfect opportunity for students you work with who may be interested in enhancing their skills this summer. If possible, please pass along this information to your students. Thank you for your time and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me or visit our website.

--

Best Regards,

Nicolas Arevalo

Associate Director of Programs | Urban TXT: Teens Exploring Technology

(323) 982-5180