reset password
FuneralDepression
Posted 21:14 Nov 08, 2019 |

when doing homework six, i try to run the program and receive an internal server error stating there is "No suitable driver found". has anyone else received this error and how did you fix it, 

thank you

Amirebm
Posted 21:18 Nov 08, 2019 |

I have a problem with the server, but not the same issue.

This is the problem I have.

Type Status Report

Description The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists.

I tried to reupload web.xml several times, but have the same issue.

dtang9
Posted 21:41 Nov 08, 2019 |

For the two of you, did the error happen when running the program on cs3 server or happen on Eclipse?

I was able to run my program on Eclipse, but got "No suitable driver found" when running it on cs3 server.

FuneralDepression
Posted 21:53 Nov 08, 2019 |

It happened to me on eclipse right away 

Amirebm
Posted 21:56 Nov 08, 2019 |
dtang9 wrote:

For the two of you, did the error happen when running the program on cs3 server or happen on Eclipse?

I was able to run my program on Eclipse, but got "No suitable driver found" when running it on cs3 server.

I fixed the previous problem and now I have the same issue as FUNERALDEPRESSION has.

Message java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:mysql://cs3.calstatela.edu/cs3220stu

It happens on CS3; not Eclipse.

Last edited by Amirebm at 22:33 Nov 08, 2019.
cysun
Posted 21:58 Nov 08, 2019 |
FuneralDepression wrote:

As the error message says, it can't find the database driver. You probably didn't follow the instructions at https://csns.calstatela.edu/wiki/content/cysun/course_materials/eclipse regarding the JDBC driver. The easy fix is to get the MySQL JDBC driver jar file (you need to extract it from the downloaded zip file) and add it to the WEB-INF/lib folder of your project. You'll also need to do this for other projects that use JDBC.

Amirebm
Posted 22:07 Nov 08, 2019 |
cysun wrote:
FuneralDepression wrote:

As the error message says, it can't find the database driver. You probably didn't follow the instructions at https://csns.calstatela.edu/wiki/content/cysun/course_materials/eclipse regarding the JDBC driver. The easy fix is to get the MySQL JDBC driver jar file (you need to extract it from the downloaded zip file) and add it to the WEB-INF/lib folder of your project. You'll also need to do this for other projects that use JDBC.

My problem is not from Eclipse.  

I changed my Java version to 10 and looks like the SQL driver is not suitable on the server.

I downloaded MySQL JDBC Driver again, but it still has the same problem.

cysun
Posted 22:09 Nov 08, 2019 |

There seems to be something wrong with the MySQL driver on CS3. Usually this happens when the system auto-updates the MySQL or Tomcat package. I'm looking into it.

cysun
Posted 22:18 Nov 08, 2019 |
cysun wrote:

There seems to be something wrong with the MySQL driver on CS3. Usually this happens when the system auto-updates the MySQL or Tomcat package. I'm looking into it.

It's working on CS3 now. The problem was indeed caused by auto-update removing an old MySQL driver used by Tomcat.

Amirebm
Posted 22:19 Nov 08, 2019 |
cysun wrote:
cysun wrote:

It's working on CS3 now. The problem was indeed caused by auto-update removing an old MySQL driver used by Tomcat.

Thank you!

FuneralDepression
Posted 22:21 Nov 08, 2019 |

the jar file definitely solved this problem so thank you prof! but due to this driver i downloaded, would this cause a communications link failure? 

cysun
Posted 09:32 Nov 09, 2019 |
FuneralDepression wrote:

the jar file definitely solved this problem so thank you prof! but due to this driver i downloaded, would this cause a communications link failure? 

Not sure what you meant by "communication link failure". In any case, it shouldn't cause any problem. When you upload your files to CS3, do not upload the MySQL jar file you added as the server on CS3 already has it.