reset password
lakerfan94
Posted 23:46 Jul 22, 2019 |

Hi Dr. Sun,

I clicked on the link for the Safari Books website and provided my login credentials as expected. I noticed however that after providing my credentials, I'm directed to a page that still asks for a login as a "Personal & Corporate Account" or "Academic License and Public Library User" (see attached photo). I found this strange because just a few weeks ago, that page wasn't there. Anyways, I tried searching for the ASP.NET book through the search bar and was able to obtain it. However, I'm only given a preview and not allowed to see the rest of the content (see other photo). Do you have any suggestions for an alternative way of accessing the book?

Thank you.

Richard
Posted 08:41 Jul 23, 2019 |

I'm having the same issue. And when I click the academic user button it just refreshes the page without anything changing.

cysun
Posted 09:42 Jul 24, 2019 |

Me too. It's probably either a temporary outage due to some technical issues, or the subscription expired and the library decided not to renew it. I'll contact the library to find out.

cysun
Posted 10:09 Jul 24, 2019 |

They may have changed the interface. Try the following:

• Go to http://www.calstatela.edu/library
  • There's a search box on top that says "OneSearch". Search for the name of the book, e.g. "ASP.NET Core in Action".
  • Click on the book in the results. The first time it'll ask you for your institution email address (no password required, just email). Enter your email and you should be able to access the book. I assume it'll also check IP address so this may not work when you are at home.

Please let me know if this works.

Richard
Posted 20:39 Jul 24, 2019 |

I was able to get access to the book by clicking on your link and just following the popups until I logged myself into the o'reilly website.