reset password
RandomAccess
Posted 03:03 Mar 14, 2019 |

For some reason my project is having trouble locating specific files. It has no trouble locating the first jsp, but when I press the button to send the currency data to the second jsp it can't seem to find said. I even ran the old CurrencyConverter which I named CurrencyConverterRough.java and it had a similar problem where once I pressed the button for the currency data it couldn't find...itself. Any idea what might be happening? and yes I have put into account the fact that it's in WEB-INF

cysun
Posted 09:25 Mar 14, 2019 |

Check URL and path: URL in the browser address bar, URL mapping in the controller servlet, and the path to the JSP in the servlet when you do request forwarding.

astrong2
Posted 09:30 Mar 14, 2019 |

Try checking where exactly your jsp file is. You said it's in WEB-INF but double check that and look over the eclipse tutorial provided to us with lab 8.

http://csns.calstatela.edu/wiki/content/cysun/course_materials/eclipse

Then update with the correct path, if that happens to be your issue.

RandomAccess
Posted 11:38 Mar 14, 2019 |

Double checked and triple checked, no idea what's going on, wish I had an opportunity to get more hands on help, but unfortunately I'll have to submit what I have. Hopefully the website will run it better

astrong2
Posted 11:55 Mar 14, 2019 |

According to the link I gave you, jsp should be outside the web-inf folder on cs3, and in the www folder

RandomAccess
Posted 15:15 Mar 14, 2019 |

...It worked. I also just realized misread the lab and thought that it required I put the JSP files in the WEB-INF folder and call from that, but it only requires I do that with the text file. So is it best to avoid putting your JSP files in WEB-INF for future reference?