reset password
knagrec2
Posted 11:11 Nov 13, 2018 |

I am simply trying to access my image file (which is in the project folder) by using "cards//1.png". It works fine on the File class: the file.exists() method returns true. However, when I plug it into the Image object constructor, I get an error Invalid URL or resource not found. Is there a way to use the file in the constructor instead of the filePath?

kknaur
Posted 11:18 Nov 13, 2018 |

I explained this during the lecture.  Files for File I/O and the File class are relative to the project folder.  Files for resources for JavaFX such as images, sounds, video clips, etc are relative to the src folder.

knagrec2
Posted 11:28 Nov 13, 2018 |
kknaur wrote:

I explained this during the lecture.  Files for File I/O and the File class are relative to the project folder.  Files for resources for JavaFX such as images, sounds, video clips, etc are relative to the src folder.

It should still work if I give an absolute file path too right? I tried using an absolute path just to test it and it still wouldn't load.

knagrec2
Posted 11:46 Nov 13, 2018 |

I got it to work by adding "file:" before the path.

kknaur
Posted 12:02 Nov 13, 2018 |

At that point I would have to see what your setup is.  "file: " might work, but maybe only for your computer? I have never used this so I can't say for sure if it will work on all systems.