reset password
rgallegos
Posted 18:48 Oct 26, 2018 |

When I begin the program and ask the user for a file using JFileChooser it opens up and is clearly visible, but when I turned it into a menu item and call it in another class, it opens up in the background. Is anyone else having this problem? I haven't been able to find a solution online yet.

rgallegos
Posted 19:41 Oct 26, 2018 |

I found the source of the problem. The problem is: JFileChooser from a command line program popping up underneath windows.
JFileChooser didn't have a container passed into it in my program so I had to create one for it to get the focus away from the console.
I hope this helps someone out.

chern227
Posted 22:51 Oct 30, 2018 |
rgallegos wrote:

I found the source of the problem. The problem is: JFileChooser from a command line program popping up underneath windows.
JFileChooser didn't have a container passed into it in my program so I had to create one for it to get the focus away from the console.
I hope this helps someone out.

by container what do you mean?

rgallegos
Posted 12:23 Oct 31, 2018 |

I hand you a picture frame and you can add to it anything you want and that is what the user sees. Our program is running from the IDE console and it calls JFileChooser which is a container. When we set the parameter in showDialog to null, it defaults to the parent which there is none and the IDE console keeps waiting for input. That's why I keep having to move my IDE to find the JFileChooser.