reset password
Mrxethan
Posted 15:27 Oct 14, 2018 |

For the type of people, is Employee considered a type? On the previous part, homework 5, the instructions were to make 10 students, 10 faculty, and 10 staff. Not specifically employee. On homework 6, it says...

Add a menu system to your project with options to Add a new Person to the Database, Remove a Person from the Database, and Find a person in the Database.

• This should take into account type of people (Employee, Student, Faculty, etc.)

So, should I make an "employee" without the properties of faculty/staff or should the employee be either faculty or staff?

Daniel0Ramirez
Posted 15:55 Oct 14, 2018 |

I think your suppose to ask the user what type of person they want to create and then go from their 

knagrec2
Posted 15:59 Oct 14, 2018 |
Daniel0Ramirez wrote:

I think your suppose to ask the user what type of person they want to create and then go from their 

Yes but are we able to create an "Employee" object? Earlier there was no plain employee object, there was either faculty or staff, a subset of employee

kknaur
Posted 16:31 Oct 14, 2018 |

With this system you can make a person of any type, we will see later on with Abstract classes how to refine this a bit.

VictorE
Posted 16:42 Oct 14, 2018 |

So do we allow the user to create Employees that are not faculty or staff or do we only allow the user to create Staff and Faculty?

kknaur
Posted 17:04 Oct 14, 2018 |

Yes any Person type is valid.