reset password
wcwir
Posted 08:32 Aug 28, 2018 |

Hey -

during our first class I told you that the publisher had old editions of our textbook available for download from their website legally and for free. I thought it was a strange thing for them to do, but hey, don't look a gift horse in the mouth! Well, it turns out that they realized their mistake, because when I looked again a few days ago, the files were gone.

Some of you have written me that you've found used copies on line -- that's probably a good option because Springer seems to take quite a bit of time to print and ship them (I still don't have my hard copy!).

I will be working from the newest (5th) edition, but you don't have to. This edition is expanded quite a bit from previous ones, and we won't cover the new chapters. It seems like a very good textbook, and if you are planning to take more computer graphics courses it may make sense to get the new edition and keep it as a reference, but if you plan to use just this semester get whichever copy you find. The textbook does not have exercises, so you will be using it just to prepare for classes and to review the material.

This Saturday we will cover trigonometry -- chapter 4 from the 5th edition of the textbook. I am attaching the table of contents so that if you want to review the material before the class, you can use the section titles as a guide.

-- Weronika

Attachments: