reset password
dtang9
Posted 00:10 Aug 25, 2018 |

I downloaded and followed the installer for JDK 10. How do I check if I am using JDK 10 and eclipse is updated to using JDK 10?

Last edited by dtang9 at 00:11 Aug 25, 2018.
kknaur
Posted 05:26 Aug 25, 2018 |
dtang9 wrote:

I downloaded and followed the installer for JDK 10. How do I check if I am using JDK 10 and eclipse is updated to using JDK 10?

I believe Eclipse Photon is the most recent version of Eclipse.  You can check the splash screen for the version name when you first go to run it.  You will want to add the JDK 10 as a possible choice for when you create an Eclipse project.  Google something like, "How do I add the JDK to Eclipse project?" or something similar.

To check your version of Java that is installed you can open a command line window and run the following two commands "java -version" and "javac -version".  This will tell you what version is installed.  If either is not version 10 you may need to add the JDK to your windows PATH variable (also google how to do this.)

jhurley
Posted 09:32 Aug 25, 2018 |

It is also possible to have more than one JDK installed.  Ask me in class to demo how to set the JDK on a project-by-project basis in Eclipse.

LHS
Posted 08:11 Aug 27, 2018 |

I personally found uninstalling all previous java JDK and JRE made installing JDK10 much cleaner.

Will we need other versions of JDK for specific projects?

jhurley
Posted 10:54 Aug 27, 2018 |
remindtang9 wrote:

remind me to demo this in class