reset password
tly2
Posted 09:09 Aug 22, 2018 |

I'm new here at CSULA and I was wondering which programming languages will be taught throughout the years of the Computer Science major. I know Python will be taught during the first year, but I want to know what other languages will be taught and how difficult they are.

cysun
Posted 13:23 Aug 22, 2018 |

Java is the main language for the curriculum and it's taught in multiple classes. JavaScript is taught in web programming classes. Functional languages and logical languages are taught in some classes, and some classes probably use C/C++.

It's impossible to say how difficult they are though -- they are just programming languages. Generally speaking, if you learn one very well, you'll learn the others relatively easily.

rabbott
Posted 15:55 Aug 22, 2018 |

I agree. Anyone with a CS degree should be able to learn a new programming language on their own. If you are applying for a job and the interviewer asks what programming languages you know, you should be able to reply (with confidence): Give me a week and I'll learn the core of any language; give me a month and I'll be competent in it.