reset password
rabbott
Posted 15:47 Jan 22, 2018 |

I talked to the physics instructor who has the room after us. He talked to his class and found that there are too many conflicts for him to give us any of his time. So we seem to be left with these options.

1. No change.

2. Start early MF, about 8:35, and drop the Wednesday session. (If some of you have to arrive somewhat late because of child transportation issues, we can be flexible about that.)

3. Start very early, say 7:20, on one of the three days and drop the other two days.

4. Find a time to meet on Saturday or Sunday and drop all three currently scheduled sessions. We would meet for 2 1/2 clock hours, which is equal to 3 fifty-minute credit hours.

I'm open to whatever we can all agree on. Please reply with your thoughts. We can talk about it Wednesday if something looks promising. 

One thing to keep in mind: Since much of the lecture material is on video from the Santa Fe Institute, class time will be mainly working on projects/models. I specifically asked for a room with flexible seating so that groups working together can move their seats together. The bulk of the work for the class will involve writing and running NetLogo models and explaining what you did.

Until we make a change, we'll meet at the scheduled times.

Last edited by rabbott at 15:48 Jan 22, 2018.
RobertKarapet
Posted 16:25 Jan 22, 2018 |

50 min sessions are, I take it, not long enough to make progress in group projects. Thus, I would very much prefer to meet once a week for 2.5 hours.

Weekends do work for me, and may I venture to suggest Thursday afternoon as a 2.5 h session. That is to say, let's just meet once a week on Thursdays.

BernardBollinger
Posted 17:24 Jan 22, 2018 |

I am happy with option 2, but can we also consider M&W rather than M&F? 

rabbott
Posted 17:30 Jan 22, 2018 |

I could do Thursdays 12:45 - 3:15. (Robert, we has a senior design meeting at 3:15.) 

I much prefer to have one of the meetings Friday (MF or WF), but I'm willing to consider MW.

wcwir
Posted 17:55 Jan 22, 2018 |

Early start on any day works for me.

Same with MW or MF.

Saturday anytime after 11:30 am.

Sunday anytime.

I would prefer not to have to come in on Tuesdays or Thursdays, and especially not in the middle of the day, as I committed to an internship for two days per week. (And freeing up the MWF mornings doesn't give me an alternate work day, as I have full class schedule on those days.)

dpadilla24
Posted 09:46 Jan 23, 2018 |

Early start is ok with me:

1. Once a week Friday

2. Both days MF

3. Weekends are ok too

This site might help too - everyone includes their schedule/availability

https://doodle.com/

rbcarter
Posted 09:49 Jan 23, 2018 |

I can't do any of the M/W/F options because I have class commitments right before and after our scheduled time.

I vote for doing a 2 1/2 hr session on Saturday.

LuisFisher
Posted 09:50 Jan 24, 2018 |

I cannot do weekends