reset password
bruiz29
Posted 20:27 Aug 25, 2017 |

Hello Keenan and classmates,

I have been trying to compile my program however when I try to run javac on my command prompt it just shows " error file not found."

i have double checked that javac and java are installed and have edited the path and environmental variable and have not deleted anything important. I have also renamed my file and still the error message appears.

if anyone else has had these problems or knows the solution. please let me know. 

Thank you 

jroble52
Posted 20:30 Aug 25, 2017 |

did you use dir (to check directories) and cd (to travel to where you saved the java source file) before compiling the program?

kknaur
Posted 20:30 Aug 25, 2017 |

If you are getting file not found it probably means you are not in the right directory with your .java file.  Remember that you may need to use the "cd" command to get to the right folder.  You can also double check the folder you are in by using the "dir" command to see the list of files and folders in your current working folder.  If you can see your .java file then you are in the correct place.

bruiz29
Posted 20:31 Aug 25, 2017 |

Thank you I will try dir and cd

bruiz29
Posted 21:42 Aug 25, 2017 |

I have used dir to check before i compiled my folder and have used cd to path where my java file is but everytime it does not show a .java file. 

ndemiss
Posted 23:04 Aug 25, 2017 |

did it work  ?

bruiz29
Posted 15:41 Aug 26, 2017 |

it didnt work