reset password
vsarava
Posted 18:50 Mar 14, 2017 |

Hi All,

Deployed my Homework 2 in cs3 and on trying to access it Im getting a requested resource not available error. I have verified the URL mapping and web.xml, everything seems to be fine to my knowledge. Also I noticed that all my previous uploads stopped working and gives the same error.

Is there anyone else facing this issue?

Should I give it sometime for the server to refresh?

Any idea why this is happening? 

atogunl
Posted 18:54 Mar 14, 2017 |

Try refreshing your web.xml file. If the upload date is not reflecting today's date, open the web.xml file then save it again

vsarava
Posted 19:01 Mar 14, 2017 |

Yes have overwritten the web.xml again and I can see the current date and time stamp on it however getting the same error.

kgamboa5
Posted 19:19 Mar 14, 2017 |

I'm also experiencing this

cysun
Posted 19:41 Mar 14, 2017 |
vsarava wrote:

Yes have overwritten the web.xml again and I can see the current date and time stamp on it however getting the same error.

Your code seems to be working on CS3.

cysun
Posted 19:42 Mar 14, 2017 |
kgamboa5 wrote:

You probably have some conflicting URL mapping.

vsarava
Posted 19:52 Mar 14, 2017 |

Professor,

I have created a new project for my homework 2 and also did ensure that all the servlet names are different from my previous works.

The CurrencyConverter files and my previous lab and homework files are also throwing the same error which was not the case yesterday.

cysun
Posted 21:18 Mar 14, 2017 |
vsarava wrote:

Professor,

I have created a new project for my homework 2 and also did ensure that all the servlet names are different from my previous works.

The CurrencyConverter files and my previous lab and homework files are also throwing the same error which was not the case yesterday.

It's not about having different servlet names - it's about having different URL mappings. For example, it seems like you have two servlets mapped to the same  URL pattern /navigation.

kgamboa5
Posted 22:26 Mar 14, 2017 |
cysun wrote:
kgamboa5 wrote:

I deleted my old homework on CS3 and it still wouldn't work, would I need to adjust the web.xml source code in my project to fix conflicting URL mapping?

cysun
Posted 22:39 Mar 14, 2017 |
kgamboa5 wrote:
cysun wrote:
kgamboa5 wrote:

I deleted my old homework on CS3 and it still wouldn't work, would I need to adjust the web.xml source code in my project to fix conflicting URL mapping?

Still have URL mapping conflict on currency converter.

vsarava
Posted 00:22 Mar 15, 2017 |
cysun wrote:
vsarava wrote:

Professor,

It's not about having different servlet names - it's about having different URL mappings. For example, it seems like you have two servlets mapped to the same  URL pattern /navigation.

Hello Professor/All,

The issue has been resolved successfully.

There were two servlets having the same URL mapping which caused my entire folder to malfunction. Renaming one of them has resolved the issue. Thank you for the support.

vsarava
Posted 00:57 Mar 15, 2017 |
cysun wrote:
kgamboa5 wrote:
cysun wrote:
kgamboa5 wrote:

Still have URL mapping conflict on currency converter.

If this issue is being faced only after a particular project is deployed then obviously it is because of an URL mapping conflict between the recently deployed project with any of the existing project on the server. Please don't limit yourself just to current project or your old homework, do have a look at all your existing projects.

From what I have learnt is that in eclipse every project has its own packages and hence eclipse is able to map the URL correctly by searching it just under the package of the file that is being run. However in cs3 since all the projects are accessed by cs3.calstatela.edu:8080/(student_id)/(servlet_URL) any multiple sevlets having the same URL mapping creates this issue because cs3 doesn't access them based on the projects it just checks if the URL maps to any file that is present under the classes folder of the student_id.

Well the above is just my understanding on this issue need to get further clarification from professor.

Hope this helps you!

Last edited by vsarava at 01:05 Mar 15, 2017.