reset password
msargent
Posted 11:04 Feb 15, 2017 |

I have an unusual request. Progfest is coming up, an ACM sponsored programming contest for high-school and community college teams. The theme this year is Android application development. I've been charged with creating a simple Android demo app for the workshop. The app, after suggestions from fellow students, will be a simple Dungeons and Dragons dice roller. 

My problem: I need images of die faces (all of the faces, with the correct numbers for nearby faces, as they are visible too), and I can't find them. Anyone have a set of these dice I can photograph?

Also: anyone want to participate in the event as a helper?]

Thanks

csoltero
Posted 11:15 Feb 15, 2017 |

My dice are blue with gold numbering. I can loan you my set. 

msargent
Posted 11:17 Feb 15, 2017 |
csoltero wrote:

My dice are blue with gold numbering. I can loan you my set. 

Sounds good. If you could bring them this Friday I'd appreciate it. 

Jennings.Benji
Posted 11:51 Feb 15, 2017 |

I know this isn't quite what you were asking for, but I discovered this awhile back and thought it was interesting. The numbers on opposite sides of the dice will total 1 + the maximum roll for that dice.

For example:

When looking at a d20, the 1 & 20 will be on opposite sides of the dice.  The sum of these two numbers is 21.

Similarly, 2 & 19 will be on opposite sides of the dice, again totaling 21. etc.

kzhou9
Posted 13:25 Feb 15, 2017 |

I don't have any dice but the thing is, D&D uses many different kinds of dice rather than d20.......Assume you need a d20 as example?

Jennings.Benji
Posted 07:59 Feb 17, 2017 |

I am pretty sure he needs the whole set.  I was just using the d20 as an example, but all of the dice are built that way.  I think the only exception is the d4 because of its shape (there is no opposite side).  I'm also assuming it is already covered, but I will bring a set to class tonight anyway.