reset password
cysun
Posted 10:41 Nov 28, 2016 |

Final will be held in class on Monday 12/5. Final will be open-book, and you will be asked to implement some new features in OnCourse. You must implement your changes on a freshly cloned copy of OnCourse, and submit your work in a zip file. The zip file should include everything in the project folder (including the Git local repository) except the /target folder. An easy way to create the zip file is to use 7-Zip to create a zip file of the whole project folder, then open the zip file and delete the /target folder from it.

You have worked on OnCourse code in the midterm. There are some changes to the code since then (see the commit log for details). Please check out the code and get familiar with it. I will answer any question you have regarding the code before the exam; during the exam you will be completely on your own.

In the final you will be asked to use one or more jQuery UI widgets (specifically, Autocomplete, Dialog, and Tabs) to implement some operations. Again, I'll answer any question regarding the usage of these widgets, but once the exam starts you'll be on your own.

cysun
Posted 15:07 Nov 28, 2016 |

I may be on jury duty on 12/5. It should be over before the final starts, but in case I can't get here on time, you can start the final without me as the final will become available automatically on CSNS at 5:15pm.

cysun
Posted 15:25 Nov 28, 2016 |

You can demo HW5 either during my office hours on 12/5 (if I'm not stuck in jury service) or after the final. I'll send out an email in advance to let you know if office hours will be canceled.

Siddhi Aron
Posted 10:40 Nov 30, 2016 |

Hello Dr.Sun, is full text search going to be a part of the finals or should we focus more on jQuery?

cysun
Posted 11:20 Nov 30, 2016 |
Siddhi Aron wrote:

Hello Dr.Sun, is full text search going to be a part of the finals or should we focus more on jQuery?

FTS will not be in the final.

Siddhi Aron
Posted 11:31 Nov 30, 2016 |

Thank you