reset password
arstan
Posted 19:21 Nov 23, 2016 |

Perhaps to some degree it was wishful thinking on my part, but did he say in class that he might extend this to post Thanksgiving(?). I am still stuck on writing the Bull class and Keyboard class to handle  moving the Fool. 

aalva190
Posted 19:23 Nov 23, 2016 |

I would agree to, to have an extension. Hopefully he does :(.

rcamach7
Posted 19:38 Nov 23, 2016 |

It seems it was extended until midnight today but hopefully it can be pushed a few more days as it's our only assignment right now.

epascua
Posted 19:39 Nov 23, 2016 |

Although I finished, I agree, do any of you people need help? o,o

Last edited by epascua at 19:41 Nov 23, 2016.
aalva190
Posted 19:44 Nov 23, 2016 |

Wow, dayum

gchan10
Posted 19:45 Nov 23, 2016 |
epascua wrote:

I'd like to take you up on your offer. How did you get the bulls to go to the last known location of the fool?

Also, how did you implement adding a variable amount of bulls?

Last edited by gchan10 at 19:48 Nov 23, 2016.
arstan
Posted 19:46 Nov 23, 2016 |

^ I need help on that. And actually getting my Fool to move in more than one direction. 

dgonz
Posted 19:47 Nov 23, 2016 |

Yea, this has definitely been the most difficult lab. Some extra time would be appreciated. I mean I'm still going to finish the project even if I'm late, I would rather not have to worry about the 20% late grade turning into a 30% during Thanksgiving.

I found that Chapter 15, pg 606  in our book extremely helpful for moving the fool.

;)

Last edited by dgonz at 19:54 Nov 23, 2016.
hsagga
Posted 19:58 Nov 23, 2016 |
gchan10 wrote:
epascua wrote:

I'd like to take you up on your offer. How did you get the bulls to go to the last known location of the fool?

I Also Need to know the same thing !!!

arstan
Posted 20:14 Nov 23, 2016 |
dgonz wrote:

Yea, this has definitely been the most difficult lab. Some extra time would be appreciated. I mean I'm still going to finish the project even if I'm late, I would rather not have to worry about the 20% late grade turning into a 30% during Thanksgiving.

I found that Chapter 15, pg 606  in our book extremely helpful for moving the fool.

;)

:3 thank you! I really appreciate this!

rcamach7
Posted 21:35 Nov 23, 2016 |

One of the bugs that I currently have is when my Fool/Bull moves, the previous spot remains the same, essentially leaving a trace. Any way of resetting the previous spot to the default styling? 

epascua
Posted 21:51 Nov 23, 2016 |
hsagga wrote:
gchan10 wrote:
epascua wrote:

I Also Need to know the same thing !!!

On your bull class, have a reference of the fool's coordinates.

Use the .getRow and .getCol methods to get the fool's coordinates, and compare it with the bull's current coordinates. Similar to the way you make the fool move, do it to the bull.

Last edited by epascua at 21:54 Nov 23, 2016.
margent
Posted 21:53 Nov 23, 2016 |
rcamach7 wrote:

One of the bugs that I currently have is when my Fool/Bull moves, the previous spot remains the same, essentially leaving a trace. Any way of resetting the previous spot to the default styling? 

I implemented a "paintFool" method that takes the old coordinates and reverts the CSS. The same method also paints the fool to the new coordinates.