reset password
bryan_bravo
Posted 16:03 Nov 21, 2016 |

For homework 3 if we include images can we just reference them statically? Also i am a little confused as to the description, the input forms to input new data into mongo is only for extra credit correct?

JackStrauss
Posted 16:29 Nov 21, 2016 |
bryan_bravo wrote:

For homework 3 if we include images can we just reference them statically? Also i am a little confused as to the description, the input forms to input new data into mongo is only for extra credit correct?

As per the requirements, " Seed your database manually for now, though in the future you will probably want to create an admin page that lets you add skills, projects, and education. "

So, you will seed your data using

db.contactlist.insert(), if your db is called contactlist.

You can seed your data via SSH, if you're on windows as I am.

Updating the mongodb via post request, or put request, appears to be extra credit.

Last edited by JackStrauss at 16:31 Nov 21, 2016.
JackStrauss
Posted 16:30 Nov 21, 2016 |
bryan_bravo wrote:

As far as images are concerned, if your images don't interfere with the original requirements, and you can upload your images successfully to DigitalOcean, then you should be fine.

I think the main concern is that you fulfill the requirements of the prof, and then dress up your app any way you like.

bryan_bravo
Posted 16:38 Nov 21, 2016 |

Awesome, thank you.