reset password
Posted 11:32 Nov 15, 2016 |

Anybody have any hints on how to do this one i am completely lost on the separation of work in different classes. 

Posted 11:41 Nov 15, 2016 |

I have been using his Tic Tac Toe example in Lecture 13 as a guide but I am pretty lost too.

Posted 11:48 Nov 15, 2016 |

yeah i tried that as well and i just ended up more confused 

dgonz
Posted 12:29 Nov 15, 2016 |

same, i'm having a hard time figuring how to handle the work in different classes. should be pretty similar to the last lab but the separation of classes is throwing me off.

Posted 12:32 Nov 15, 2016 |

I also am not sure if we should have more classes than he mentioned in the instructions or not.  I am having problems finding examples in the book that really coordinate with this.  Definitely lost.

epascua
Posted 18:21 Nov 15, 2016 |

Hello Ricky!

Here's a couple of hints: look at your old assignment (the lab before this one). The gridpane is where you make the chart, similarly you can use the gridpane to create the map. Now, I'm not sure how you did the last lab, something you may have/have not done is make a 2D Array for the gridpane, in this 2D array you will store the multiplication expressions inside of them. Similar to this lab, you will make an instance of the StreetMap and get the array, from that class, then store the values into that. 

Look at the tic tac toe, everything is incredibly similar until the if/else statements which you will change to make sure the column of walls are walls and the row of walls are walls.

Lastly, for organization, follow the tic tac toe problem.