reset password
ssunjot
Posted 21:16 Sep 26, 2016 |

Hey, John I'm having a little bit of trouble with my method to import a file to my MonsterAttackList the program runs fine up until the enter the filepath to get to my test attack file after I enter it my do while loop that I use to return towards the menu in my monitor method stops and I can not figure out  why this is happening.

rcamach7
Posted 08:54 Sep 27, 2016 |

What error message is it showing you?

ssunjot
Posted 10:21 Sep 27, 2016 |

No error message is showing up it must be how I am doing the error messages also I just found out it was having a formatting problem with saving my list.

Edit: Fixed the formatting problem just hat to bring up csv file in notepad++.

Last edited by ssunjot at 10:29 Sep 27, 2016.
jhurley
Posted 10:57 Sep 27, 2016 |

make sure the switch is inside the menu loop

ssunjot
Posted 11:27 Sep 27, 2016 |

It is given that my save file works and it is after my import file in the switch.

jhurley
Posted 11:43 Sep 27, 2016 |

verify that the application really terminated, and that it is not just stuck in an infinite loop.  In Eclipse, you can use the drop down menu next to the little monitor icon in the frame above the console window

ssunjot
Posted 15:10 Sep 27, 2016 |

Sorry if I haven't gotten back to you about that John I was talking to the tutors for awhile and then I had class. The tutors were stumped by the way about the problem but I don't know how to run it in console since I made a .jar file of the program due to the fact that whenever I try to run it is says cannot find or load main class so that prevents me from running it in the eclipse console. I have to ask are you going to be on campus today? I want to try and show you my code.

ssunjot
Posted 15:21 Sep 27, 2016 |

So I opened up a terminal in Eclipse and used the command prompt to directly run my jar file it seems that it's terminating if that's what your asking of me before.

jhurley
Posted 15:43 Sep 27, 2016 |

I won't be on campus today.

If you didn't use a code package in Eclipse, create one and put your code in it

Also check Run Configurations for the configuration that is used when you run the project in Eclipse.  Remember it and be sure to choose it when you create the .jar

ssunjot
Posted 15:49 Sep 27, 2016 |

Found the error I was accidentally trying to parse my monster name instead of my date due to how I put the variables in my monster attack class.

ssunjot
Posted 15:57 Sep 27, 2016 |

When I close the GUI without using quit I get an error is that going to be a problem?