reset password
kmayho
Posted 08:12 Sep 05, 2016 |

Did anyone figure out how to upload to cs3 from eclipse?

JackStrauss
Posted 09:10 Sep 05, 2016 |

There is a guide that explains this process rather thoroughly.

Have you read it?

The guide can be found here....

http://csns.calstatela.edu/wiki/content/cysun/course_materials/eclipse

Look at the section under "Deploying to CS3", and it should help you out.

Last edited by JackStrauss at 15:15 Sep 05, 2016.
kmayho
Posted 09:42 Sep 06, 2016 |

i read it but i didn't understand it. 

JackStrauss
Posted 09:50 Sep 06, 2016 |
kmayho wrote:

Hmmm...perhaps go to office hours then, unless you have a relatively simple question related to uploading to CS3, you can try asking here.

JackStrauss
Posted 10:00 Sep 06, 2016 |
kmayho wrote:

As an aside, I am using Murach's Java Servlets and JSP as a secondary supplement. Perhaps this book can help you out, too.

kmayho
Posted 11:28 Sep 06, 2016 |

I am just confused how to get it from eclipse ? Like the format I set up it in to upload properly?

i know how to sign in and everything just when I put my file on the server the page doesn't open correctly 

JackStrauss
Posted 14:01 Sep 06, 2016 |
kmayho wrote:

I am just confused how to get it from eclipse ? Like the format I set up it in to upload properly?

i know how to sign in and everything just when I put my file on the server the page doesn't open correctly 

Oh ok. Your problem doesn't seem terrible difficult, however, it looks like you need personalized troubleshooting.

If your files don't load correctly when you deploy to CS3, and you are certain you are doing everything correctly, then something must be wrong with your files, or maybe you skipped a step.

Keep trying to deploy to CS3, but CS3 tends to be finicky in that if you already have files uploaded to CS3 from a previous assignment, and then you try to overwrite these same files with a new assignment, sometimes the files won't display properly.

So, try to delete any files in your CS3 account, and then try uploading again. Do not overwrite the files. Also, make sure all necessary files are in the correct folder. The folders to which you are supposed to upload files should have been shown to you on the first day of lecture. 

It sounds like you are really close to a solution to this problem, however. 

Last edited by JackStrauss at 14:34 Sep 06, 2016.
kmayho
Posted 14:05 Sep 06, 2016 |

my teacher was suppose to show us in class but ran out of time and gave it to us for homework. So I am trying to figure it out.

JackStrauss
Posted 14:10 Sep 06, 2016 |
kmayho wrote:

my teacher was suppose to show us in class but ran out of time and gave it to us for homework. So I am trying to figure it out.

Oh darn..that would be bad.

I haven't uploaded anything to CS3 yet, but when I get around to it, I'll reply back to you with the steps.

Are you in a rush? 

I am assuming you have file transfer software installed in your machine. If not, you should use FileZilla to transfer the files to CS3. Using FileZilla, or other file transfer software should be familiar as it is a skill that is taught in CS120, or CS122, or both.

Last edited by JackStrauss at 14:11 Sep 06, 2016.
kmayho
Posted 14:24 Sep 06, 2016 |
no i am not in a rush. I have psftp from cs120 i think. i need it for cs3220 and i forgot how to do it. lol

interweblulz wrote:
kmayho wrote:

I haven't uploaded anything to CS3 yet, but when I get around to it, I'll reply back to you with the steps.

Are you in a rush? 

I am assuming you have file transfer software installed in your machine. If not, you should use FileZilla to transfer the files to CS3. Using FileZilla, or other file transfer software should be familiar as it is a skill that is taught in CS120, or CS122, or both.

JackStrauss
Posted 14:30 Sep 06, 2016 |
kmayho wrote:
no i am not in a rush. I have psftp from cs120 i think. i need it for cs3220 and i forgot how to do it. lol

interweblulz wrote:
kmayho wrote:

Are you in a rush? 

Alright, do you think you can use FileZilla instead? 

You will need your student login credentials for CS3.

These credentials should have been emailed to you, or given to you in some other form.

You should have these credentials readily available.

Try to brush up on your choice of FTP software, and if you truly can't recall how to use your preferred software, then use FileZilla. FileZilla is super user-friendly.

Here is a tutorial video for FileZilla, but the process using your preferred software is similar.

Take a look at the video here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCGctsHKizw

Last edited by JackStrauss at 14:33 Sep 06, 2016.
kmayho
Posted 14:32 Sep 06, 2016 |

okay i downloaded it. I will try that

JackStrauss
Posted 14:33 Sep 06, 2016 |
kmayho wrote:

okay i downloaded it. I will try that

Here is a tutorial for FileZilla

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCGctsHKizw

kmayho
Posted 14:43 Sep 06, 2016 |

let me know, i am not doing something right, i cant connect to the cs3 server

JackStrauss
Posted 15:02 Sep 06, 2016 |
kmayho wrote:

Alright, I will give you an example using other software called "Secure Shell (SSH)". I forgot that I had SSH installed in my machine, so I'll be using that instead of using FileZilla. However, the process is the same regardless of what software you use.

Make sure your logon credentials, and the server address look just like they are in the picture.

However, you are connecting to CS3, and not CS1.

Please take a look at the picture to see how you should try to logon to CS3 using SSH software.

You can download SSH Secure Shell software from this link:

http://www.ohlone.edu/org/webcenter/sftptutorial/windowssftp-downloadinstall.html

Last edited by JackStrauss at 09:35 Sep 30, 2016.
kmayho
Posted 15:51 Sep 06, 2016 |
interweblulz wrote:
kmayho wrote:

Alright, I will give you an example using other software called "Secure Shell (SSH)". I forgot that I had SSH installed in my machine, so I'll be using that instead of using FileZilla. However, the process is the same regardless of what software you use.

Make sure your logon credentials, and the server address look just like they are in the picture.

However, you are connecting to CS3, and not CS1.

Please take a look at the picture to see how you should try to logon to CS3 using SSH software.

You can download SSH Secure Shell software from this link:

http://www.ohlone.edu/org/webcenter/sftptutorial/windowssftp-downloadinstall.html

i was able to connect to the server but my page is not showing up. I am messing up somewhere. thanks for the help. I am going to try again later

kmayho
Posted 19:47 Sep 06, 2016 |

what should i do if my content is not showing up on the server. it keeps saying page not found

JackStrauss
Posted 20:19 Sep 06, 2016 |
kmayho wrote:

what should i do if my content is not showing up on the server. it keeps saying page not found

Alright, since you are able to upload to CS3, but you can't see your content, if I were you, I would go back, and read the guide to make sure that I am able to load the Hello.java, and the Hello.JSTL files.

If you can't see those two files once you have uploaded them, then something else might be wrong.