reset password
msargent
Posted 22:16 May 28, 2016 |

I'm not sure why, but there appears to be a delay in the NY Time's handing out of API keys. I've extended the deadline until Wed night in light of this. Hopefully you will hear back from them Monday. 

I won't extend the deadline further, as you shouldn't have waited until this weekend to start the homework. 

Last edited by msargent at 22:17 May 28, 2016.
Rinchan7
Posted 00:22 May 29, 2016 |

I don't think that email is going to come, I've waited over 24 hours for mine. I haven't finished yet, but I was able to quickly get an API key from https://www.themoviedb.org/documentation/api . You need to sign up though.

Question: I'm pulling info for movies that are currently playing in theatres, so some of them don't have reviews yet (I verified by looking up its info on the site). Is this ok, or should I use older films?

Last edited by Rinchan7 at 01:15 May 29, 2016.
msargent
Posted 10:38 May 29, 2016 |

It might be because it's the weekend. 

Movie titles plus two other pieces of information. 

Last edited by msargent at 10:39 May 29, 2016.
giraid
Posted 09:52 Jun 01, 2016 |
msargent wrote:

I'm not sure why, but there appears to be a delay in the NY Time's handing out of API keys. I've extended the deadline until Wed night in light of this. Hopefully you will hear back from them Monday. 

I won't extend the deadline further, as you shouldn't have waited until this weekend to start the homework. 

Hey Mark,

According to this post, the HW is due wedsday night. Right now it's Wednesday morning, the assignment on cans is already closed. I was busy working on a homework for another class and didn't check cans last night. Would you open it again until tonight?

msargent
Posted 09:57 Jun 01, 2016 |

It's open now.