reset password
Echoofdeath
Posted 21:45 Feb 24, 2016 |

How do you change the URL mapping of a JSP? I know in servlet you change @Webtest .... urlPatterns = { }
But im not quite sure how to do it in JSP so I can upload the file to the Homework4 subdirectory  instead of my root CS320stu folder.

aromer61
Posted 21:50 Feb 24, 2016 |

I had the same question too. But what I did was make a folder under Web content in Eclipse called "Homework4" and then put my EL.jsp folder in that folder. To make it work on the cs3 server, I put the Homework4 folder under Web content in the cs3 server and it worked for me. Not sure if this is the only way of doing it but I know for sure JSP files go under Web content.

Echoofdeath
Posted 21:59 Feb 24, 2016 |
aromer61 wrote:

I had the same question too. But what I did was make a folder under Web content in Eclipse called "Homework4" and then put my EL.jsp folder in that folder. To make it work on the cs3 server, I put the Homework4 folder under Web content in the cs3 server and it worked for me. Not sure if this is the only way of doing it but I know for sure JSP files go under Web content.

thanks! I did the same thing you did and it worked :D

jbattini
Posted 22:00 Feb 24, 2016 |

Since JSPs are static content like the html and xml files you just need to upload them to the root directory. Just make si folders to reflect the desired URL 

aromer61
Posted 22:03 Feb 24, 2016 |
jbattini wrote:

Since JSPs are static content like the html and xml files you just need to upload them to the root directory. Just make si folders to reflect the desired URL 

Oh ok I see. So was it ok to deploy a Homework4 folder with the "EL.jsp" file under Web Content in the cs3 server then? It works, but I just want to make sure I did everything correctly.

jbattini
Posted 22:05 Feb 24, 2016 |

Well actually not the root folder but the folder where your assignments file is, make a folder called Homework4 and in there save your EL.jsp file

jbattini
Posted 22:07 Feb 24, 2016 |

Id have to look at my FileZilla to remember exactly what folder it goes into but as long as you can go to cs320stuxx/Homework4/EL.jsp and pull the file up you put it in the right place

Which is why you put it in the folder where your Assignments.html and make the folder there 

Last edited by jbattini at 22:15 Feb 24, 2016.