reset password
dhaval0704
Posted 01:59 Feb 08, 2016 |

For add new department,programs and additional requirement, Do we need to make different pages or view ?

I have made a single view for these 3 functionality. Is it perfect?

Last edited by dhaval0704 at 02:00 Feb 08, 2016.
cysun
Posted 08:58 Feb 08, 2016 |

The UI is up to you. I'd like to see people putting some thoughts in UI design as it's a very important part of a web application (or any application for that matter).

As for your UI, assuming it's functional (i.e. an added department would show up in the drop-down lists), I'd say it's on the bad side and I may deduct a few points if I grade the assignment:

• If I click a button that says "Add Department", I expect to create a new department, not adding program to an existing department like Accounting.
  • An important design rule is that after a user performs an action, the system should let the user know if the action was successful. For example, after I add a program, the system should show the program I just added so a) I know that the operation was completed, and b) I can check if there's any typo in the program name I just entered. As far as I can tell, your design doesn't do this.
  • This UI is also kind of ugly and shows a level of laziness in design.