reset password
mnguyen
Posted 00:55 Feb 03, 2016 |

Sorry if I sound dense but are we programming these functions within the ipython notebook or inside a separate .py file?  

Also, for "2pts: Replace all N/A or NaN  (if they exist) with medians for all numeric columns except the ones in the previous line: for those choose mode."

By "previous line", did you mean the Trans, Drive, Fuel, Veh Class, SmartWay columns that we had converted to integers?  I was not able to find  missing data for these, so does that mean this is extraneous as far as using the mode to fill in missing data?

Last edited by mnguyen at 00:55 Feb 03, 2016.
vsluong4
Posted 01:07 Feb 03, 2016 |
mnguyen wrote:

Sorry if I sound dense but are we programming these functions within the ipython notebook or inside a separate .py file?  

Also, for "2pts: Replace all N/A or NaN  (if they exist) with medians for all numeric columns except the ones in the previous line: for those choose mode."

By "previous line", did you mean the Trans, Drive, Fuel, Veh Class, SmartWay columns that we had converted to integers?  I was not able to find  missing data for these, so does that mean this is extraneous as far as using the mode to fill in missing data?

I guess in this case it is a little redundant, but he was just being complete.  It wouldn't make much sense to fill missing data with the average value of non-quantitative data

msargent
Posted 10:42 Feb 03, 2016 |

If there weren't any missing data, don't worry about it.