reset password
Echoofdeath
Posted 21:35 Jan 19, 2016 |

Is it possible to extend due date of HW 2 please?
I think it seems unlikely for me to finish by tomorrow without getting help on Monday sadly.

Darren76
Posted 21:52 Jan 19, 2016 |

Yes please, I also need more time. This hw is very complicated, and I can not even figure out the first html page. I keep getting errors. I need one on one help .  :(:(

aaleman11
Posted 22:15 Jan 19, 2016 |

I'm just confused as to where you are supposed to do all the exception handling. The video had different files for Adding, Deleting and Editing items. This one seems to be one file do add items and verify if they are correct, and one to display all elements.

But for the NewsletterSignupServlet, do you redirect to itself? How do you get it to change it's appearance without modifying the URL? That's what is confusing. I just imagine copying and pasting 3 separate HTML files to do this. Display the elements seems to be the easy part.

Don't know if I'm making sense and I'm hoping the tutor can help tomorrow but this is confusing.

acervantes
Posted 07:53 Jan 20, 2016 |

In the homework specification, the differences in HTML are explicitly outlined.

In a Java program, how do you conditionally print one string instead of another? The same concept applies here. Consider using if statements to conditionally show specific HTML. 

aaleman11
Posted 08:39 Jan 20, 2016 |
acervantes wrote:

In the homework specification, the differences in HTML are explicitly outlined.

In a Java program, how do you conditionally print one string instead of another? The same concept applies here. Consider using if statements to conditionally show specific HTML. 

Thank you! That clarifies this assignment a lot.

jbattini
Posted 09:19 Jan 20, 2016 |

can we still get an extra day though ? :D 

acervantes
Posted 20:16 Jan 20, 2016 |

Since we did not have lecture on Monday, January 18th, I will extend the due date/time to Friday, January 22nd.  All submissions must be uploaded to CSNS and deployed to CS3 prior to 11:59PM on 1/22/2016.

The only reason for this extension is due to the holiday.  The onus is on you to seek out our TAs and myself for help.  No other section is receiving an extension.

Last edited by acervantes at 20:18 Jan 20, 2016.
Echoofdeath
Posted 20:25 Jan 20, 2016 |
acervantes wrote:

Since we did not have lecture on Monday, January 18th, I will extend the due date/time to Friday, January 22nd.  All submissions must be uploaded to CSNS and deployed to CS3 prior to 11:59PM on 1/22/2016.

The only reason for this extension is due to the holiday.  The onus is on you to seek out our TAs and myself for help.  No other section is receiving an extension.

Thank you so much professor Cervantes!!
This extension seriously helped me out so much.