reset password
misha.chandan
Posted 11:33 Jan 16, 2016 |

Hello, 

This is regarding CS 520 Hw 1 queries.
1. Header Sorting: 
    "By default the applications are sorted by the date when the application was received (i.e. Application Received On) in descending order." 
   This means, when the page is loaded, records of table has to sort by  "received on", descending. Once user clicks on other column, then sorting should based on column header as stated in question i.e. "(Clicking on the column headers of Applicant, GPA, Status should sort the list of applications by applicant name (ascending order), GPA (descending order), and status (ascending order), respectively.)".
   For Example: Page loaded > I clicked on "Applicant" header; then sort by applicant name,ascending > I clicked on "received on date" ; then sort by received on, descending > I clicked on "status"; then sort by ascending order.

2. Add New Application: 
   No date validation required for this assignment. 

Last edited by misha.chandan at 11:34 Jan 16, 2016.
willy1087
Posted 12:00 Jan 16, 2016 |

Thanks Misha.

Quick clarification:

On your example you mention "I clicked on received on date"; then sort by received on, descending". Does that mean that Application Received On must be sortable as well like the other columns? My hw has it sorted once the user adds a new application in descending order (as required by the hw), but on the assignment it didn't specified that we have to make that "receive on" column clickable just like the other columns.

misha.chandan
Posted 12:33 Jan 16, 2016 |
willy1087 wrote:

Thanks Misha.

Quick clarification:

On your example you mention "I clicked on received on date"; then sort by received on, descending". Does that mean that Application Received On must be sortable as well like the other columns? My hw has it sorted once the user adds a new application in descending order (as required by the hw), but on the assignment it didn't specified that we have to make that "receive on" column clickable just like the other columns.

Yes, "Application Received On" is href link. It should be sortable as others. But, the only difference is it should be by default on page load.

willy1087
Posted 13:20 Jan 16, 2016 |
misha.chandan wrote:
willy1087 wrote:

Thanks Misha.

Quick clarification:

Yes, "Application Received On" is href link. It should be sortable as others. But, the only difference is it should be by default on page load.

Oh I see. I will do the necessary changes on my hw then. Thanks!