reset password
JackStrauss
Posted 20:49 Jan 15, 2016 |

I think this may be my problem.

I am not able to deploy anything after following the guide. I did manage to originally deploy the Hello Servlet, but now, I can't even deploy that.

Really weird, and I'm all out of ideas.

Last edited by JackStrauss at 21:59 Jan 15, 2016.
JackStrauss
Posted 22:00 Jan 15, 2016 |

Anyone have any ideas?

schacha
Posted 22:15 Jan 15, 2016 |
Hey delete everything from server .. Add link to one your deleted file till it shows a 404 page not found.. In other word page not found will give you an idea that everything is deleted from server and there's nothing wrong in server or cache of your browser. After that deploy class files from workspace to web-inf 's class folder and add web.XML to web-inf folder of server.. And I think it should run.. Make sure you're adding class files
JackStrauss
Posted 22:36 Jan 15, 2016 |
schacha wrote:
Hey delete everything from server .. Add link to one your deleted file till it shows a 404 page not found.. In other word page not found will give you an idea that everything is deleted from server and there's nothing wrong in server or cache of your browser. After that deploy class files from workspace to web-inf 's class folder and add web.XML to web-inf folder of server.. And I think it should run.. Make sure you're adding class files

Yes. I already deleted everything, and started over. I am currently going over the guide to run the "Hello Servlet" again. If I can't get this simply servlet running after scrutinizing the directions, then I'm missing something major, or it's something out of my grasp to fix. 

Also, I turned off my laptop, and restarted it. Also, I made sure to clear any cache as well.

If I can't deploy, I'll just submit what I can, and then deal with the issue tomorrow.

This assignment is too easy to not be able to deploy, which is the weird part.

It also deploys on my local machine via Eclipse, so I'm not sure what is going on.

Thanks.

Last edited by JackStrauss at 22:39 Jan 15, 2016.
JackStrauss
Posted 22:49 Jan 15, 2016 |

After doing everything in this thread, I have managed to redeploy to CS3, but it is only the "Hello Servlet".

Going to try the "AboutMe" servlet next.

JackStrauss
Posted 23:14 Jan 15, 2016 |

Alright! Deployed the "About Me" servlet to CS3.

I think it was something to do with the XML file. 

Since I'm already deployed, I'm going to leave things as they are, and then figure things out tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

schacha
Posted 10:43 Jan 16, 2016 |
Let me know if you need help.. We could do team viewer and figure it out.
JackStrauss
Posted 15:32 Jan 16, 2016 |
schacha wrote:
Let me know if you need help.. We could do team viewer and figure it out.

Thanks for the offer!

I fixed the issue. Apparently, I can't just upload a new xml file to override the old one. 

I first have to delete the old xml from CS3, and then upload the new updated xml. I wasn't doing this before.

Everything is fine for now! Thanks.