reset password
rabbott
Posted 16:59 Dec 06, 2015 |

I will send everyone the grade they would receive (based on certified labs) in a day or two. The grade will also show whether you have requested an Incomplete.

After you get the notification you will have the option (for a day or two) to let me know what you want to do. You can at that point request an incomplete, or you can withdraw your request for an incomplete and take the grade in the message.

I want to encourage those of you who have not done many of the labs to take an incomplete and work on them next quarter. Your grade will be calculated the same way, based on labs completed. I intend to meet with you individually to review the labs. There will be a rigid time line: one lab each week. Labs not completed on time will be worth half credit if completed one week late.

You should recall the videos we looked at the first week. Here's Carol Dweck talking about The Power of Yet. Even if you didn't learn the material this quarter, that just means that you haven't learned it yet. It's still possible.

Last edited by rabbott at 17:00 Dec 06, 2015.
darkserith
Posted 17:05 Dec 06, 2015 |

*nevermind. i assume like you said, this grade is just based on certified labs. presentation grades won't be factored. for those in CS454, we'll know our true grade in GET.

Last edited by darkserith at 17:12 Dec 06, 2015.
rabbott
Posted 20:32 Dec 06, 2015 |

I'm planning to compute the complete grade including the presentation part.