reset password
Anon
Posted 14:25 Nov 19, 2015 |

Since most labs are currently spent coding and asking questions, we'll start with week 10

Assuming everybody finished every single lab and only needs certifications and certifications take about 30 min (including explaining the code and demonstrating understanding of the underlying principles that the lab was exercising), week 10 should have about 8 people that can certify (7 students and 1 Jon).  Finals is 2 1/2 hours long so about 256 additional certifications can happen in that time.

87 students in this class @ 6 certifications each (labs 1-3 are gimmies) is about 500 total certifications.

Any thoughts on how we can give everybody a fair chance at an A?

Anon
Posted 14:38 Nov 19, 2015 |
Anon wrote:

Selling certifications for 1-9, only $5

Anon
Posted 14:47 Nov 19, 2015 |
Anon wrote:
Anon wrote:

Selling certifications for 1-9, only $5

I'll do it for free, but you have to submit to me!

... and answer some questions for my thesis

Anon
Posted 16:28 Nov 19, 2015 |
Anon wrote:

Assuming everybody finished every single lab and only needs certifications and certifications take about 30 min (including explaining the code and demonstrating understanding of the underlying principles that the lab was exercising), week 10 should have about 8 people that can certify (7 students and 1 Jon).  Finals is 2 1/2 hours long so about 256 additional certifications can happen in that time.

87 students in this class @ 6 certifications each (labs 1-3 are gimmies) is about 500 total certifications.

Your Maths is wrong.  Add an extra 5-10min per person per lab for code review.  You also need to divide by 2 in a few places because each person can only do 1 of: getting a lab certified(a later lab)/certifying a lab(an earlier lab) at a time.

You're welcome.

rabbott
Posted 17:08 Nov 19, 2015 |
One a person is certified s/he is eligible to certified others.
Anon
Posted 17:09 Nov 19, 2015 |
rabbott wrote:
One a person is certified s/he is eligible to certified others.

Yes, that was already accounted for in my Maths