reset password
jpascua
Posted 19:20 Nov 16, 2015 |

Just to double check, do we need to show the buffer pool after each step or is it okay to post only the final result (after all the operations)?

cysun
Posted 20:21 Nov 16, 2015 |

Just the final result is enough.

se1k1h1mawar1
Posted 20:48 Nov 16, 2015 |

For both FIFO and LRU, is the page in the bufferpool that already contains the desired block number and unpinned always prioritized over the smallest pin-time or unpin-time? My understanding was that that is what takes precedence over everything else in Clock Policy and Nive policy, but am I correct?

cysun
Posted 20:53 Nov 16, 2015 |
se1k1h1mawar1 wrote:

For both FIFO and LRU, is the page in the bufferpool that already contains the desired block number and unpinned always prioritized over the smallest pin-time or unpin-time? My understanding was that that is what takes precedence over everything else in Clock Policy and Nive policy, but am I correct?

I'm not sure if I understand what you are saying. Basically no matter what policy is used, if a block is already in a buffer page, that page will always be chosen.

se1k1h1mawar1
Posted 20:54 Nov 16, 2015 |
cysun wrote:
se1k1h1mawar1 wrote:

I'm not sure if I understand what you are saying. Basically no matter what policy is used, if a block is already in a buffer page, that page will always be chosen.

I see. Thank you.