reset password
Anon
Posted 15:32 Nov 15, 2015 |

Is there partial credit for the labs? I am struggling on most of the labs (probably not the only one) and it's fast approaching the end. 

Anon
Posted 15:38 Nov 15, 2015 |

I think that there should be some partial credit (sort of like the "ok" and "ok+" we were initially using. Try to work with us Dr.Abbott, please. 

rabbott
Posted 16:18 Nov 15, 2015 |

I'll be happy to talk to anyone during the final period. The three final periods are:

Monday .......................................December 7 ...................................10:45-1:15 p.m

Thursday .....................................December 10 ...................................1:30-4:00 p.m

Friday .........................................December 11 .................................10:45-1:15 p.m.

What I'd like you to do is come into my office and explain to me the work you did and the specific problems you ran into in completing the labs. By the problems you ran into I mean the code that you wrote but couldn't get to work correctly. Also come prepared with your estimate of the grade you think you deserve and why you think that's an appropriate grade.

Anyone from any class can come in during any of the final periods. (You don't have to be registered for the class with that final period.) Please tell me by Midnight Saturday December 5 that you want to see me and the period you want to use. I'll make up a schedule so that we don't have a long line of people waiting.

Last edited by rabbott at 16:25 Nov 15, 2015.
rabbott
Posted 10:01 Dec 01, 2015 |

So far one person has asked to see me during the final period. Please recall that these meetings are intended to allow partial credit on some of the labs.

You should come prepared to tell me what prevented you from completing the labs on time, how you tried to resolve those problems, and what grade you think you deserve given the work you completed on time and whatever extra consideration your additional work deserves.

Last edited by rabbott at 10:43 Dec 01, 2015.