reset password
darkserith
Posted 10:30 Nov 05, 2015 |

Instructions per the website: "Perform the same abstraction steps as above on the 3-ball program from last week's lab."

I've already abstracted away the original functions I had in "last weeks" lab (lab 4) into more generalized functions.

However, do we also have to implement the additional features found in the "Two Bouncing Balls V2" section of Week 5 notes?

What I mean is:

1) Having to implement 3 random balls in Lab 5 VS 3 non-random balls from the original 3 ball program (Lab 4)

2) Having to implement detection for bouncing off all 4 (left, right, top, bottom) walls in Lab 5 VS only the top and bottom wall (Lab 4)

I ask because my original 3 ball program from Lab 4 was only designed with 3 non-random balls, and designed to collide with just (in addition to the other balls) the top and bottom (floor and ceiling) of the scene.

Thanks

rabbott
Posted 10:52 Nov 05, 2015 |

Lab 5 requires only the same three ball (vertical) functionality as in Lab 4. The goal is to refactor it to eliminate redundancies and to use map and foldl wherever possible.

Lab 6 requires any number of balls moving in arbitrary directions. Of course Lab 6 should also be refactored and should make use of map and foldl.

Last edited by rabbott at 10:54 Nov 05, 2015.