reset password
scastro
Posted 11:28 Nov 03, 2015 |

Just a place for our team to collaborate.

Check back for updates.

dthomas5
Posted 12:55 Nov 03, 2015 |

Hello RR Team!

A GitHub repository was setup for your team https://github.com/2015-CS454/rr-team. If you have any issues or question, please contact the IT Team and we will be able to help you

Cheers!

dthomas5
Posted 13:22 Nov 03, 2015 |

This is what i was thinking for the server side:

Server Environment:
- Java 1.8

Server Milestone:
- Setup Mysql Database
- Setup mysql-java driver to communicate to the database
    - able to connect to database and reconnect to database if connection was closed
    - able to update user information when user enters/leaves race (?)
- Setup server sockets to recieve and respond to client connections
    - needs to receieve which character the player is using
    - needs to receive user POS and HPR and update that information to other players
    - needs to monitor user health (?)
    - needs to receive heartbeat
    - needs to notify other players when user log out or if the connection is closed unexpectedly
- anti cheat methods(?)
    - prevent players from modifying their characters outside of the scope of the game
    -- infinite life
    -- no clipping
    -- infinite powerups

wsakura
Posted 05:03 Nov 04, 2015 |

Things proposed today that we need to get done:
1. create a course for racing (art/client teams)
2. network/protocol (Vick)
3. create classes for every
    -car, items, etc.
4. think of what to put into the database (DB)
    -users, friends list, upgrades, items

As teams finish with their parts, everyone should contribute to the art, client, and server teams.

Things that need to be done:
We have 3 weeks to finish this up, so I parsed this out as reasonably as I could. Feel free to share with everyone if you want to change anything.

What we need to get done every week. I didn't put what days everything should be done yet. I want to consider everyone's time schedule.

Week 1 (this week): protocols, track design, choosen cars, login, multiplayer login working with movement working, database, server and client test codes ready

Week 2 (next week): chat, collision detection, racing implemented, QA and Tests working, friends list to race against, ranking

Week 3 (Final week): Items, customizations, racing conditions implemented, Integration by Saturday, test team should check all tests by Sunday, everything should be done and working

asambre
Posted 15:43 Nov 04, 2015 |
Hey Wendy, could you start an e-mail discussion with all the adresses we gave you yesterday? I can't achieve to write a long post in here "Wrong Html content".
wsakura
Posted 20:39 Nov 04, 2015 |
asambre wrote:
Hey Wendy, could you start an e-mail discussion with all the adresses we gave you yesterday? I can't achieve to write a long post in here "Wrong Html content".

I have started an email with everyone. Just sent it.

dthomas5
Posted 19:26 Nov 12, 2015 |

This is just for those that are not using Slack:

server side tasks: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NArMwMtwPpB7VK4p-3R_YnfWmvdJJrlXyxY4DyH9K5M/edit?usp=sharing

server side design: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1V806LGGxP3pc3Yx0g1YGWcuW-om3kNEniIphtrjM4Ss/edit?usp=sharing