reset password
mnava18
Posted 23:56 Oct 20, 2015 |

anyone else having this problem? the part were we use response.sendredirect to redirect the user to the Mynotes page from the login. I cant get it to work. Since mynotes servlet is in a different package (homework2) and the login servelet is in (homework1) It wont work.  Im assuming this is because there both in different packages. Because If i move the MyNotes servelet into homework1's pacakge , it works just fine. but when i put it in homework2 package i get an error HTTP Status 404 

so i guess the question is , can we redirect to servlets in different packages? We know it works when everything is in the same package

Last edited by mnava18 at 00:00 Oct 21, 2015.
khanglam314
Posted 00:06 Oct 21, 2015 |
mnava18 wrote:

anyone else having this problem? the part were we use response.sendredirect to redirect the user to the Mynotes page from the login. I cant get it to work. Since mynotes servlet is in a different package (homework2) and the login servelet is in (homework1) It wont work.  Im assuming this is because there both in different packages. Because If i move the MyNotes servelet into homework1's pacakge , it works just fine. but when i put it in homework2 package i get an error HTTP Status 404 

so i guess the question is , can we redirect to servlets in different packages? We know it works when everything is in the same package

try "../Homework2/MyNotes"

Last edited by khanglam314 at 00:06 Oct 21, 2015.
mnava18
Posted 00:41 Oct 21, 2015 |
khanglam314 wrote:
mnava18 wrote:

try "../Homework2/MyNotes"

aaah!!! thank you!!! finally got it to work

GeorgeAria
Posted 00:42 Oct 21, 2015 |

Well instead of thinking about redirecting servlets to different packages, you can think of it like redirecting servlets to a certain link on the cs3 server. You should be able to redirect a user to another Servlet by giving a link that will take the browser to that Servlet.

EX: I go to cs3.calstatela.edu:8080/cs320stu01/Homework1/Login. It opens a page for me to put in my credentials.

After doing so, the page/server then redirects me to cs3.calstatela.edu:8080/cs320stu01/Homework2/MyNotes.

Assuming the servlet is uploaded to the server, the page should open and NOT give a 404 error, because it does exist there.

Hope this helps, and sorry if it doesn't. Typing this at 12:40AM probably isn't a good idea :p. I should have some clear answers once I'm finished with Homework 1.

Edit: DANG, I wrote all this for nothing Q_Q

Last edited by GeorgeAria at 00:43 Oct 21, 2015.