reset password
layla08
Posted 16:09 Oct 08, 2015 |

Hi Dr. Abbott, 

Could I please get some clarification on #5 of Lab 2? It says:

Keep track of all games played by making a list of the games, adding each new game to the front of the list. Be sure to keep track of the game struct, not the strings generated by the custom-write procedure.

I created an element to store all of the statistics (gameCount, start lower/upper, secret number, etc.) and am adding that to a list. Is there a way to figure out if I'm utilizing the game struct. the custom-write procedure, or neither? As far as I know, I'm using neither. I'm just fetching the individual elements and storing them in a statistics element.

The end result looks just like the transcript example but I want to make sure I'm doing it correctly.

Thanks for your time!

rabbott
Posted 16:25 Oct 08, 2015 |

At the end of a game, your should create a game object -- using the game struct -- and then add that object to the list of games. An alternative, which I don't want people to do, is to create a game object, call a function that converts that to a string and then store that string in the list. This alternative is not what one would normally think of doing. But it occurred to me that someone might, so I wanted to warn against it.

Last edited by rabbott at 08:39 Oct 09, 2015.
layla08
Posted 21:06 Oct 08, 2015 |

Got it - thank you!