reset password
rabbott
Posted 21:50 Oct 06, 2015 |

The scores on the first quiz are available here. (The Forum system wouldn't let me copy them into this message.) The green score is worth 100%. In this case more than 5% of the people taking the test got all the questions correct.

Negatives scores were generated by refusing to say you would not cheat.

The scores you will receive in the mail are shown as 10 points higher than your actual score. The Agree-not-to-cheat question is counted as 10 points by CSNS. Subtract 10  points from the listed score to get your correct score. 

Your percentage score is your actual score divided by 10.

A link to the GoogleDocs spreadsheet is (also) posted on the course wiki page.

rabbott
Posted 22:14 Oct 06, 2015 |

I just checked your uploaded pictures and gave everyone with an acceptable picture a point for question 11. (I[m surprised that there are still 6 people who haven't uploaded an acceptable picture!) Since some quiz scores are now higher than they were (by one point) some of the score counts on the spreadsheet have increased. That doesn't change the 100% score, which was already 10.

You will receive two quiz scores in the mail: one for the MW quiz and one for the TH quiz. Only the one you actually took counts. The other one will say 0. Just ignore it. As I said, to get your actual score, subtract 10 from the score you get in the mail.

Last edited by rabbott at 22:16 Oct 06, 2015.
rabbott
Posted 22:24 Oct 06, 2015 |

The section in which you are registered is not relevant. You can take the quiz either day; you will get the score for the quiz you take. But if you try to game the system by taking the quiz twice, you will get the lower of the two scores.

Last edited by rabbott at 22:24 Oct 06, 2015.
rabbott
Posted 22:35 Oct 06, 2015 |

Question 12 asked whether you are willing to have the lecture on one of the days cancelled. There is no correct answer. The question was not worth any points. How you answered does not affect your score.

Anon
Posted 23:08 Oct 06, 2015 |

Let's say I got an email that says I got 17. I subtract 10, so my score is 7. You mention that you add 1 point for the picture. Is this included in the score we get in email? Or will my score be 7 + 1 = 8?

rabbott
Posted 23:57 Oct 06, 2015 |

Unless the picture question is shown with a -1 the score you got by email includes the 1 point for the picture question. The added point was for people who answered the picture question (honestly) by saying that their picture had not been approved. I approved those that were submitted by this evening and gave those people the extra point.

Last edited by rabbott at 00:16 Oct 07, 2015.