reset password
rabbott
Posted 11:33 Oct 03, 2015 |

The results are in. Of the 84 students registered in the two sections of CS 332F and CS 454, 70 voted. Of those:

• 12 said they didn't want the Monday lecture cancelled;
  • 17 said they didn't want the Tuesday lecture cancelled;
  • 41 said they were flexible and would not mind having either lecture cancelled.

​Even though the majority was willing to have one of the lectures cancelled, too many objected to having either Monday or Tuesday cancelled. So I'm afraid we won't proceed with the hybridization. Please come to the lecture either Monday or Tuesday. The weekly quiz will be given on those days.

We could reconsider, but I don't want to pressure anyone. Each class will have a question in the quiz about possibly cancelling the class. I'll ask you whether or not we should cancel the lecture for the class you are attending and allowing you to replace it with (at your option individually) either the other lecture or the video. If the results are consistent with the poll just conducted, that will be the end.

Last edited by rabbott at 13:59 Oct 03, 2015.
Anon
Posted 14:26 Oct 03, 2015 |

Does this mean we have a quiz on Monday/Tuesday for this week?

rabbott
Posted 16:47 Oct 03, 2015 |

No matter what we do about hybridization, there will be a weekly quiz. The only difference is that if we do hybridization the quizzes will be Wed and Thursday. if we don't do it, the quizzes will be Monday and Tuesday. To answer your specific question, we have a quiz Monday/Tuesday this week.

rabbott
Posted 19:43 Oct 06, 2015 |

The votes in both classes included 17 people in each class who didn't want that class cancelled. So we will continue to have lectures on both Mondays and Tuesdays. The quizzes will also be on Mondays and Tuesdays as they were this week.