reset password
AAdryel
Posted 19:40 Sep 28, 2015 |

This isn't particular to CS101, I'm just curious as to which the rest of the class prefers, particularly with things such as programming. Is there anything specific to why you like one more than the other?

4542elgh
Posted 13:40 Sep 29, 2015 |

in keeping track with the course, using windows is sufficient, long term wise, please get familiar with Linux distros to get widely adapted toward all platforms, later in programming courses Linux is way more professional and efficient in dealing with codes. Linux distros are "scary" because people don't like command lines and WHO DOESNT LIKE GUIs. right?

atigolo
Posted 13:50 Sep 30, 2015 |

If you do not have enough hardware (a 2nd desktop or laptop) use virtual machines

4542elgh
Posted 14:45 Sep 30, 2015 |
virtual machine sometime used up lots of rams and juice of the cpu, i am not against the usage of cpu but if all failed, do a dual os as last resort (on ubuntu there are softwares like wine to emulate windows software)
atigolo
Posted 14:52 Sep 30, 2015 |

You have to be careful with dual booting because you could wipe your main operating system

urielk
Posted 19:34 Sep 30, 2015 |

Windows is really great, it's like my best operating system. In the other hand with Ubuntu, you can go into its core and adjust it to how you feel comfortable. It's like "Build A Bear". Understanding Ubuntu can take a long time due to all the commands and applications you can mess with. It depends on the person.