reset password
rabbott
Posted 11:56 Sep 27, 2015 |

The invitation below or a variant of it is being sent to all the senior design project sponsors.

We need you to register for the event as well. Please register at: https://goo.gl/LMvNkE.

Thanks.

----

Dear Senior Design Project Sponsors, Faculty, Advisors, and Friends,

First, thank you for your help and support with our Senior Design program this year.  Your enthusiastic guidance and teaching makes this an unforgettable experience for the students.

I wanted to invite you, and any guests you might bring, to register for our Launch Day.  This meeting is the kick-off event for all our Senior Design projects.  The two-hours will be a great opportunity to meet and spend time with the students.   We’ll have a working lunch and discuss important project details.  I’ve asked the students to have a draft Statement of Work ready to discuss, create list of deliverables, and to be prepared to discuss schedule.  Our collective goal is to leave this event with a rough draft of these items. 

The Professional Practices Program (Senior Design) Launch will be on October 9, 2015, with the sign-in beginning at 10:30 AM. Our program will start promptly at 11:00. The Launch will take place at California State University, Los Angeles – Golden Eagle Ballrooms, 3rd floor, 5151 State University Drive, Los Angeles, CA 91202.

To register, please click the link: https://goo.gl/LMvNkE.

Attached you will find a file showing the ballroom location and with parking information. In addition, please don’t hesitate to contact Hasmik Simon (323) 343-5604 | hsimon@calstatela.edu or email me with any questions.

Warmest regards, looking forward to seeing you there -

Last edited by rabbott at 11:58 Sep 27, 2015.
hal255
Posted 16:11 Sep 27, 2015 |

Hello Dr. Abbott,

I was wondering what the "Statement of Work" is referring to. Is it a document stating what our group will do for the senior project? Or is it something else? Thank you.

hal255
Posted 16:50 Sep 27, 2015 |

I just noticed when clicking to register, the date is for Oct 17th. The message above is for Oct 9th. Are they two different events? Thank you.

rabbott
Posted 17:46 Sep 27, 2015 |

I didn't notice the date on the form! The correct date is Oct 9. The Oct 17 date will be corrected.

A Statement of Work is typically written for Engineering projects. CS projects generally don't do a statement of work. The primary task for the first quarter is to define the project requirements and sketch out your approach. Think about those issues and what you need to know to be able to do that. I'm asking students in my projects to come prepared with questions about their projects. 

Last edited by rabbott at 17:46 Sep 27, 2015.