reset password
kmayho
Posted 11:41 Sep 26, 2015 |

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to start this assignment? I have thought of starting with the deck of cards and the shuffling. I am not sure how to start or how long it should be.  Does anyone have any ideas that can help me? 

Thank you

msargent
Posted 15:11 Sep 26, 2015 |

The game plays until one of the players runs out of cards. The deck is a standard 52 card deck. You will need to represent each card and value somehow. You will also need a main loop for the app and probably a loop to play the game. 

kmayho
Posted 16:01 Sep 26, 2015 |

what do you want us to turn in? the file and a screenshot or just the file?

msargent
Posted 16:14 Sep 26, 2015 |

The source code (a .java file).

kmayho
Posted 16:33 Sep 26, 2015 |

i am saving my java file but after i save it I cant find it. Where should we save eclipse so that I can find the file later?

msargent
Posted 16:51 Sep 26, 2015 |

When you first open Eclipse, it will open a workspace. It will ask you which folder to use as a workspace (it will create a folder named "workspace" by default and put it in your home directory --- the dialog will show you where it's at). That's where your project will be. Your java source file will be in a subfolder called src. You can see it in your IDE in the project explorer panel on the left. 

You can also right-click your file and select "properties" --- that will tell you where the file is. 

Last edited by msargent at 16:51 Sep 26, 2015.