reset password
hgadhia
Posted 17:40 Jul 29, 2015 |

Hi,

Grading of the homework is a very time consuming process. Following few simple rules when submitting your work makes it easier for us to grade.

Please ensure that you follow the conventions as specified in the assignment:
1. uploaded zip file should be named csjobs-src.zip.
2. csjobs-src.zip contains only one folder "csjobs" and nothing else; "csjobs" should have only src folder(obviously everything under src as well) and pom.xml and nothing else.
3. csjobs-create.sql has all the required create and insert scripts(Do not use separate files for insert scripts).
4. csjobs-drop.sql should drop all the tables and hibernate sequence.
5. database name is csjobs; database user is csjobs; database password is abcd;

Make sure to test the following before submitting your work:
1. An applicant should be allowed to apply multiple jobs(not necessarily at the same time).
2. An applicant should not be allowed to apply for same job more then once.
3. Application specific information like his company information or degree information should be entered for every application(You may prefill this but it should be editable).
4. Entering(Or editing) any application specific information should not modify the previous applications made by the applicant i.e. degree information entered during an application, should not modify any previous application's degree information for this applicant.
5. Since, we have not implemented the UI for job posting yet, make sure your create scripts populate atleast few jobs in the database.
6. Lastly, make sure to use Spring/Hibernate instead of Servlet /JDBC.

Do not forget to commit your code to SVN and create tag cs520-hw4. 

Note:
There will be some penalty if the above conventions are not followed.

Last edited by hgadhia at 19:42 Jul 30, 2015.
nextmatrixman
Posted 18:20 Jul 29, 2015 |

Quick question: the ZIP package filename naturally generated from the Maven build is "csjobs-bin.zip", can we just stick to this one? Or is there a way to change the build setting to "csjobs-src.zip".

Also, it might be a good idea to pin this post to the top since it might get flushed down quickly by other posts.

bseemscs
Posted 01:33 Jul 30, 2015 |

i.e. for e.g. ? 

WUT?

msargent
Posted 20:37 Jul 30, 2015 |

Do applications, after they are submitted, need to be editable, or only viewable?

hgadhia
Posted 21:09 Jul 30, 2015 |
msargent wrote:

Do applications, after they are submitted, need to be editable, or only viewable?

An applicant cannot edit the application after they are submitted. So they should be only viewable. 

hgadhia
Posted 21:10 Jul 30, 2015 |
bseemscs wrote:

i.e. for e.g. ? 

WUT?

Thanks for pointing the mistake. I corrected it :)

hgadhia
Posted 21:13 Jul 30, 2015 |
nextmatrixman wrote:

Quick question: the ZIP package filename naturally generated from the Maven build is "csjobs-bin.zip", can we just stick to this one? Or is there a way to change the build setting to "csjobs-src.zip".

Also, it might be a good idea to pin this post to the top since it might get flushed down quickly by other posts.

You have to figure it out. But if you can't, you can just rename the file and upload it. That's ok. And the post is pinned to top as per your request. :)

Last edited by hgadhia at 21:15 Jul 30, 2015.
msargent
Posted 21:42 Jul 30, 2015 |

One more last minute question (thankyou for being available at this time); the assignment details said validation only has to be performed during registration. Does this mean we don't have to check passwords or make sure the user exists during login?

hgadhia
Posted 22:06 Jul 30, 2015 |
msargent wrote:

One more last minute question (thankyou for being available at this time); the assignment details said validation only has to be performed during registration. Does this mean we don't have to check passwords or make sure the user exists during login?

Input validation and authentication are not same, for authentication(login means authentication) username and password should match with the one in database.

lishenyu
Posted 21:13 Aug 13, 2015 |

Hi harsh ,

I use User authenticatedUser=(User) SecurityContextHolder.getContext()
                .getAuthentication().getPrincipal(); in my controller ,and my User has implemented UserDetails interface ,

but it gave me an error String can't be cast to User !  Please help !

cysun
Posted 23:41 Aug 13, 2015 |
lishenyu wrote:

Hi harsh ,

I use User authenticatedUser=(User) SecurityContextHolder.getContext()
                .getAuthentication().getPrincipal(); in my controller ,and my User has implemented UserDetails interface ,

but it gave me an error String can't be cast to User !  Please help !

Read slide #29 of Declarative Security (II).

lishenyu
Posted 23:48 Aug 13, 2015 |

Yes I did it in that slide :

1.my User implements UserDetails

2. I also have UserDetailsServiceImpl that implements UserDetailsService (I copied it from CSNS and changed a bit:)

3.I have removed  <jdbc-user-service> and place a : user-service-ref="userService" just like the csns did .

but it still said no bean of UserService

cysun
Posted 23:49 Aug 13, 2015 |
lishenyu wrote:

Yes I did it in that slide :

1.my User implements UserDetails

2. I also have UserDetailsServiceImpl that implements UserDetailsService (I copied it from CSNS and changed a bit:)

3.I have removed  <jdbc-user-service> and place a : user-service-ref="userService" just like the csns did .

but it still said no bean of UserService

See my answer in the other thread.