reset password
raylongma1018
Posted 12:03 Jul 26, 2015 |

from your description, Can I assume when the applicant wants apply for a position, he will need to fill out all his information (degree, current companies)again every time when he applies a different position? That means the same applicant can have different degree name and current companies. I just assume applicant can be dishonest that means he can make up his resume, by giving different degrees and work experience so it gives advantage for the applicant to provide only the information he want to show to his employers. 

cysun
Posted 12:55 Jul 26, 2015 |

Yes.

Applicants can always be dishonest - it's not like you can prevent them from being dishonest by forcing them to enter degrees only once. Most people are honest though because it's usually required that they provide proof for the items listed on their resumes, e.g. diploma, transcript, references, and so on.

cthanh
Posted 15:48 Jul 26, 2015 |

Does this mean that each time an applicant applies for a job, they need to re-enter all their information?

I presume we will not be storing their information anywhere.

Thanks

cysun
Posted 16:01 Jul 26, 2015 |
cthanh wrote:

Does this mean that each time an applicant applies for a job, they need to re-enter all their information?

I presume we will not be storing their information anywhere.

Thanks

In my model design, current job & degrees etc. need to be entered for every application, so I guess it's a yes for your first question.

I don't understand what you mean by "not storing the information" because both applicant and application information are stored in the database.

If you want to improve user experience, you can also automatically populate current job & degrees of a new application from a previous application, then let the user to edit the new application.

cthanh
Posted 16:54 Jul 26, 2015 |

That answers my question.

Thanks